What’s happening with housing in Utah, and how can YOU impact the issues?
Join Action Utah leaders and members on Capitol Hill during Interim Session on June 19th to find out!
Spotlight on Housing
This Tour & Talk will focus on what’s happening in Utah around complex homelessness and housing issues and how to impact the issue, such as advocating for supportive housing, wrap around services and funding for this year’s affordable housing bill.
What you will learn:
- Potential state housing policies being discussed for the 2020 Legislative Session
- Updates on three new homeless shelters opening this summer
- Multiple perspectives on the topic of housing and the greatest needs in our state
- Simple takeaway actions to civically engage this issue
- Plus, get a tour of the State Capitol during Interim Session!
Guest speakers include: June Hiatt (Utah Housing Coalition), Preston Cochrane (Shelter the Homeless) and Carrie Butler (Action Utah). There will be time at the end for questions and comments from the audience, including ways to best advocate for these issues.
* Optional: Attend public Interim committee meetings before or after (meetings run from 8:30a-4:15p – find the meeting schedule on the State Legislative Calendar).
Details: Meet in the Seagull Room in the Senate (East) Building next to the parking lot (map). Allow time for parking!
This event is FREE and open to community members of any experience level. But space is limited, so be sure to register today!
PS – For introductory information on how to best advocate within or understand how the Legislature works, please attend our “Interim 101!” events August 21st or October 16th. Event information here.